Job description: Assistant Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Function: in-room and kitchen team leader, head waiter, catering assistant, service manager, horeca shiftleader.
"Le Pain Quotidien" mission and values
Our mission: to create meaningful connections. One restaurant, one neighborhood at a time.
Who are we? We are memorable hosts and hostesses who are passionate about the values of “Le Pain Quotidien”.
The 10 qualities of our hosts and hostesses of "Le Pain Quotidien":
"Le Pain Quotidien", a 100% Belgian concept!
Since the creation of “Le Pain Quotidien”, we focus on our bakery and the common table around which friendliness and good humor meet in the heart of small and large meals. Since the beginning, the concept is a success story.
In addition to our 31 stores in Belgium, our concept has led us to beautiful locations such as Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Mumbai… Currently, Le Pain Quotidien has about 260 stores in 17 countries!
Our success is based on our mission, our quality products and the professionalism of our hosts and hostesses. We are looking for enthusiastic teammates who want to be part of our family and our innovative concept.
We offer a stimulating and inspiring environment, full of opportunities to evolve with our family.
Do you want to contribute to our mission? We are curious to know if we share the same values. Do not hesitate and create your values profile by applying below.
As a Payroll Officer, you mainly work from the headquarters of Le Pain Quotidien at Turn & Taxis in Brussels. You work from Monday to Friday in a flexible work environment and schedule.
A specific training isn’t requested. Experience in the hospitality industry is required, as well as experience in managing teams and a store / restaurant / etc.
- As an Assistant Manager, you are the right hand of the Manager.
- You are responsible for the daily management of your “Le Pain Quotidien” store.
- You are an ambassador of the brand and a driving force behind the concept.
- You are in charge of our guests and you make sur they always get priority. You make sure to deliver the expected client experience.
- You manage the opening and closing of your bakery-restaurant. You structure the tasks in order to secure quality of service.
- You communicate daily turnover reports to your Manager and District Manager.
- You are responsible for the cash. You take care of the infrastructure and the equipment as a good head of the family.
- You manage supplies and stocks of products to maintain a balanced foodcost. You ensure compliance with hygiene guidelines to ensure the quality of our products. You follow the administrative procedures.
- You are a natural born, easy-going coach. The good relation between you and your team members is your priority. You inspire and encourage team members and create a community. You guide, motivate, and inspire the team in the field. You always try to achieve your goals in terms of productivity and wage costs.
- You are capable of drawing concrete plans, based on the results of the restaurant-bakery, and put them into action. You try to reach the planned turnover every day. You analyze profit and loss, hygiene reports, mystery guests reports, etc.
- The safety and health of our customers and your team is a priority for you.
- You are a natural born host / hostess
- You have a fresh energy and a positive mindset
- You are proactive and you have a sens of responsibility
- You are flexible
- You have an excellent presentation
- You are punctual
- You are enthusiastic and resistant to stress
- You have a good basic hygiene
- You have relevant experience as the ultimate manager of a medium or large team
- You are organized and structured
"Le Pain Quotidien" offers you:
- A stable job in a friendly environment with social and environmental awareness.
- A training at the beginning, but also during your career at “Le Pain Quotidien”.
- Opportunities for evolution (short or medium term).
- A full-time employee, indeterminate term contract.
- An attractive salary with benefits and bonus plan.
- A stimulating work environment in an innovative concept.
We are keen to know if we share the same values. Don’t hesitate and create your values profile by applying hereunder.